10 Reasons Web Design Relief Is The BEST Author Website Service For Writers:
10. POV. Web Design Relief is a subsidiary of Writer’s Relief, which is an author’s submission service. We’ve been helping authors navigate the choppy waters of the publishing industry since 1994. In other words, we’ve got perspective that other companies don’t. And we’re at your service.
9. Strategy. We know what energizes agents, editors, and readers. (Hint: It doesn’t involve the words “Oprah will love this book.”) We know what converts visitors into fans. We know the nuances of the creative writing genres (from steampunk, to cozy mysteries, to poetry). And we’re not stingy! We’ll share our strategies with you.
8. Pride. We don’t outsource design tasks to overseas companies. All work is done right here in our office in Wood-Ridge, New Jersey. You can be proud to say your website was Made in the USA.
7. Size. We’re the “Goldilocks” of Web design—not too big or too small. But we won’t eat your porridge or sleep in your bed.
6. Value. We offer the best value for author Web design. We’ve done our research, and we know you won’t find a better author website service for a better price. Of course, you can (and should) do some research on our competitors. And once you’ve ruled out the bargain-basement website factories and the expensive “name brand” designers, we’ll still be here. Doing our thing.
5. Independence. We won’t hold your author website hostage. With our guidance, you’ll be able to make basic edits to your website via WordPress. No more forking over Benjamins so a stranger in an undisclosed location can chase around your commas or update your news page. You can make those kinds of changes from the comfort of your home. Save time, money, and hassle.
4. Maintenance. We don’t just offer hosting: We offer a Hosting Care Package. All WordPress sites require regular updates (and sometimes, installing those updates can be tricky). We do it for you. We also monitor your site usage to make sure download speeds are fast and consistent. Finally, we make regular backups of your website—and as every writer knows, it’s always good to have a backup.
3. Speed. We have a quick turnaround time. Our Create Your Own Package option may involve a high level of customization that can take an intense level of time and attention. But, in general, your author website can be ready in just a couple weeks. Lose the wait (and keep it off)!
2. Crossover. Web Design Relief clients who are also Writer’s Relief clients enjoy crossover benefits. If you’re a Writer’s Relief client, we’ll update your author bio Web page every time you get a new publishing credit. One less thing for you to worry about!
1. Our people. In high school, we weren’t the cool kids who got elected for prom royalty. Nope—we were the grammar nerds, the computer geeks, the drama club thespians, the Magic and Pokemon players, the story-loving tale-blazers who were jotting poems in our algebra notebooks, the optimists who organized rallies for equal rights and endangered frogs, the book lovers who were still in the library when they shut off the lights. We are still those people. We love writers because we are writers. You’ll find kindred spirits here—and great customer service at a great price.